Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back when I was...

Younger...I never thought of anything but the next day or the next hour...so I did not ever think that when I was 32( YIKES!) I would be the mom to 3 kids..I always wanted lots of kids till I had one. I love kids, everything about them but they are hard work. They are self centered and in their case that is not a bad thing that is just the way it is. They need you for everything I mean everything and as they get older they start to make choices and you can only hope that you have given them the tools to make appropriate choices..you don't want them to blurt out you have a big booger from your nose..you teach them to do it quietly.
Okay, Okay...so tonight Stinking cutie Carter would not go to sleep, nor would Olivia but that is a different story...the one where mommy needed a time out or a really stiff drink maybe 3..but anyways I was trying to put him down after he had been so rudely awakened by his sister who decided to yell at the top of her lungs " I DON'T WANT TO GO TO BED!" and woke him up. So he cried and cried and cried and finally I thought if I pretend that I am going to sleep then he will just go to bed. As I lay there in my bed I quietly look up over the foot board only to see his little head and hear is HUGE voice crying. So I try again, Lay him down, not saying a word, giving him his Binky...then I realize I can't find the Binky...no Binky in the bed, no Binky on the floor, no Binky anywhere..crap, I have to have a least 30 of these in the house (I knew I should have bought stock in the NUK company) somewhere...so here is where the post is going...
I am 32 years old on my hands and knees looking for a Binky in the living room, kitchen, bathroom, stairs and I trying to outwit my 11 month old ( happy 11 month birthday Carter John) by pretending I am sleeping so he goes to sleep!? So, back when I was younger I never thought I would do that..maybe I thought I would have a nanny.
...Thanks again Brooke...I can't stop looking a these pictures

2 ...Stalker Comments:

Cassie

Cute post!

By the time I was 29, I had 6 kids. Yikes!

And, yes, I have pretended to be asleep; and I have crawled around the house on my hands and knees looking EVERYWHERE for one of my 25 binkies that were somehow lost all at the same time.


You're a great Mama, Tiffiny. Keep up the good work.

How about coffee next week?

Laurel :)

Brooke

I feel the same way! Who knew I would have 3 kids of my own by 34 and the things I do for them! ;) I will have a disk done on Monday morn when all the little kiddos head back to school and momma has some quiet time!