Monday, August 17, 2009

When Your girlfriend calls collect...

Do not answer it. Don't you even dare. I mean come on you really need to talk for 57 minutes one night in the tune of 147.54 and 11 different times in the course of 4 days??? for a GRAND total of 336.00??? I am going to hurt you. There goes your back to school anything....You need a pen?? get one form the bank! You need a shirt? Put it on Law-a-way!

I came home from a 4 day trip to a pile of mail. I separate everything...Coupons to be cut and filed to go into my coupon organizer (this is MY favorite part of the mail!) then I weed out the junk and then I stack the bills to be ignored till I have a few minutes to read over them. Last night I quickly opened them peeked at them...600.00 in Medical bills (after insurance!) I wasn't feeling very happy to have insurance...then the phone bill.....My stomach was turning...the tears wheled up in my eyes...I am sure a 6 hour drive with 2 kids had nothing to do with the fact I was plain worn out and EMOTIONAL!!

I stewed on it. I called one very teenage boy and calmly and nicely explained the bill to him. OUCH! He said he was sorry, very sorry and he would pay for it. I know he will. I have 2 paychecks in my purse that are his. He told me he felt bad. I told him not to feel bad...just figure out a way to pay it within the next 15 days....

I feel for him...Life lesson learned. The hard work you have done all summer gone on one Collect call from MEXICO!