Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Matthew

Oh my sweet baby boy will be entering 6th grade this year!! I don't like it one bit! Where has the time gone? Are the days of bug catching gone? Trucks that lined my window sills or the matchbox cars in my bed...I know I have another little boy in the house but it won't be the same. Matthew has been developing into a very responsible young man who loves the Lord and it is amazing to watch. Of course we our still parenting and coaching...Brush your teeth, take a shower, do your chores and talking about all the fun " growing up" stuff. I want the days of cartoons in my bed, fly soup, little made up songs, cheesy smiles and lap cuddles back. There is a special place in my heart for all my children...however, nothing beats your first born child. The amazing love and admiration for another human is so profound.

So here comes the boy-girl parties and the curfews along with more " growing pains"..

Matthew, I know you will read this...I want to say that your father and me are SO very PROUD of you and the young man you re becoming. We are so excited that you love the Lord with all your heart. You mean the world to us and we could not ask for a better son. 6th grade will be full of fun and heartache. We will always be here for you! Love you forever. You are my favorite!

Side note: I tell all my kids in secret that they are my favorite. :)



0 ...Stalker Comments: