Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Vacation



Matthew has started his summer vacation. We start with big plans to have a very FUN and productive summer. However I made just a few rules (goals) for this year.. Many of you know that My parenting style with Matthew has been more about shaping him into a Man who loves the Lord and is a great Husband and father. I don't care what he chooses as career.


Matthew Will be learning to cook. For the last 2 months he was to cook on Thursday's...He learned how to make pancakes, grilled cheese and how to start and cook some stuff on the BBQ. He is also taking a cooking class this week.


I am also teaching him how to do laundry. I know He can hardly remember to get his clothes to the wash but to learn how to wash, dry,fold and PUT AWAY will be the challenge. I hope this makes him even a better husband.


Thanks to Allison ( a friend) I am even going to incorporate book reports. He will read 1 book a week ( that is the RULE!) he can read more if he likes and if he wants to earn 2.00 he can do a book report ( up to 5 a week) on each book he reads.And nope reading Cinderella to Olivia doesn't count. I hope this helps him keep motivated to read. He loves the library and we seem to go every week.


I am also on a mission to decorate ( back permitting) just the kids rooms. They got new bedding for Christmas and I think it is about time we break it open. So that will be exciting for me considering I am not good at that sort of thing.
We will also be taking advantage of Regals free movies. Olivia will love the Vegi Tales one! I kinda want to go see Nancy Drew. Matthew is also going to 2 different camps this year. It will be the first time he has went. I have already started to write him a letters. He is a Vacation Bible School this week.
I am always looking for creative ideas to help shape,mold and develop my kids. If you have any ideas please share them! Thanks Allison for your inspiring ideas.