Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 3

Well here it is...Day 3 of my recovery. Nope I am not bored yet...I did get my kids back last night from their Gramies. Nothing much ever stops in our house. The washer or Dryer, TV or the pitterpatter of feet or the many visitors we get everyday. However All was quiet yesterday. Can you imagine!?? No phone was ringing..( Did you all forget about me!???) No door bells ringing. Just my mom and Carter here. Well until about 4 pm.....

I was up for a few minutes and then went to bed for 5 hours...Know I am not sure if that is technically called a nap but it felt good!! I mean so darn good I think I am going to try and repeat it today. I was on bed rest for 15 weeks but that just sucked because I really felt good and felt like I should be do something. I remember when I was younger okay Like 19 with a baby and so IMMATURE! the housework and organization waited for another day..week...month.....Now I must tackle every chore everyday till I am on the verge on complete exhaustion. Then I guess it takes a back surgery to remind me once again I am not supermom and this house will survive without me always trying to be in control. In control!?? No, not me...

Around 4 pm Matthew & Olivia came home and that's when it started....They fought and fought like an old married couple on a road trip with no map. I mean seriously! One is 11 and one is 2...Give me a break. Quit fighting you two!! I knew right away that the emotions of finally seeing me where extremely overwhelming to them. Matthew worries and always wants to take care of me and Olivia cried everyday and night for her mom. So I finally sent Matthew off by himself to my moms for a bit of XBOX and having my mom baby him and Had Jeremy take the little ones on a few errands.

I am doing good. The recovery is a bit slow but I am NOT pushing it. I have asked for help more and as much as it pains me I have tried to get the kids to " go away" I really feel that if I stay focused on this then they will reap the benefits a year from now. If I push it I could end up right back here and I know that would crush me.

So what are my big plans today!??? For starters I had Jeremy got all the stuff for BLT sandwiches. YUM! Then I think I will crawl in bed and sleep and sleep and dream about the beach..okay maybe I Will dream about all the laundry being done and the floors vacuumed. Hey it's a dream and Its my dream...Till next time.

1 ...Stalker Comments:

Anonymous

(((HUGS))) I am praying for you girl!! hang in there!! let us know if there is anything we can do!