Monday, July 21, 2008

Chin Up Shoulders Back!

So after so many busy days the reality of the fact I am having back surgery for the second time hit me today. I have been in so much pain and even my strength to get through a day surprises me. I secretly wish that I had a cast on so it would remind me that I can't push it. It would also remind my family that I am at times unable to do certain things :)

I am looking forward to the day that I no longer wake up in excruciating pain and go to bed only to lay there and pray for this pain to be taken away. To live with the pain day in and day out only wears on the women I crave to be. I have had days that I have felt sorry for myself and try to get people to join my pity party...It a GREAT party if you every want to come so are my house cleaning parties!!

I am anxious to go under. I hate to be knocked out but it will be the best sleep of my year! I will need to be down for about 5 days. If the doctor needs to remove the disc then we are looking at 5 weeks! YUKKY!! He will now more when he gets in there on Thursday. He is not that optimistic that this will be the end of it but I don't want any more pain so I have been praying really hard that this works.

I am wrapping up all the last minute things...paying bills, cleaning bathrooms finishing all the laundry and preparing the kids. We are in for another long journey of physical therapy and limited fun for me. Strength always come from within and I now that when I feel depleted I listen for God to fill me up and to help me keep my chin up and shoulders back. Isn't that the way for a good life! :)

3 ...Stalker Comments:

Terra

I will be praying that things go well and that the surgery is successful.

k

Beth and I also will be praying for you kid o. We will also be praying for Jeremy to have the strength to take care of you and the kids. Let us know if there is anything you guys need like meals or what ever.

Heather

You're in my thoughts today. Take care!