Thursday, April 3, 2008

Man's Best Friend

Our wonderful dog Shadow had to be laid to rest today. What a hard thing to go through as a mom and as a person. She became very ill the last 2 days. She could no longer walk. She lost that special twinkle in her eye and her ability to lick us.

We woke up and got ready to bring her to the vet. We had to prepare Matthew for this. I tried to prepare him but how do you prepare anybody to actually say good-bye? My heart was very heavy as I knelt down to say good-bye to her. I could no longer hold back my tears for her. They fell on her as I wiped my hand across her cheek. They fell out of love for her. Memories of her came back from the last 9 years.

Shadow was the best dog! She never barked just howled and she would howl at our Ice-maker ( She LOVED ICE!) She let Matthew practice his sheep riding skills on her! Maybe that's why he took first place in the muttin bustin :) She held her bladder for 15 hours! ( we got stuck somewhere) She slept by Matthews Bed and ate lego's like they where candy! Actually eating 100 plastic green army men in one night!

She had her spot in our life and completed us. Today I took her blanket to the laundry mat to be washed so we could wrap her in it as we bury her and as I came home and walked through the gate.......I just miss her.

2 ...Stalker Comments:

Jenn

I am SO sorry that Shadow had to be put to rest. I am crying with you now! Shadow had a wonderful life so don't be sad for her, be happy that she had the best family and love a dog could ever have. Keep your head up...

Anonymous

Oh Tiff.
I am so sorry you guys!! ((((HUGE HUGS)))))