Friday, March 14, 2008

Christmas in Palm Springs.....



.....For Christmas our wonderful parents purchased us a trip to Palm Springs for the whole family ! What a blessing and what a great way to recover from just having Carter.



We woke at 5am to head to the Bellingham Airport at 6:30 to leave at 7:50...now my husband ignores the warning " be at the airport at least 2 hours before your scheduled filght" he reminds me that it's only Bellingham and there is no need 1 hour is fine....okay, so you all know where this is leading....yep, one huge long line 5 suitcases , golf clubs, 2 adults , 1 11 year old, 2 year old & her carseat and an infant in a carseat...They are boarding the plane and we are still trying to get boarding passes...the call to move to the front of line and by pass the Las vegas flight is now being made...Here we are !! Whew...boarding passes in hand rushing to get on the flight...STOP!! We have security to get through...Did you know that my 2.5 ounce Victoria secrets lipgloss has to be in a baggie or I lose it!?? I am not losing that lip gloss! It is my favorite.

Now imagine all of us taking off our shoes and getting the grey bins to empty our stuff...7 grey bins we are putting everything through until they ask me all sorts of questions...what's in the bottle? Breast milk...Please take it out...okay Where is your lap top? in the bag...Please take it out...okay 7 grey bins turned into 11 before we where done! This leads to a back-up situation on the belt.

Okay everyone have shoes? We run to the boarding gate...Check Carters Car seat bundle him up and go to the plane...hey..it's my cousin so we have to stop and hug and As I look up here comes the flight crew down the ramp to look at the baby...Okay, now the whole plane is staring at me...Let's just get on and go.

On the flight Olivia cried a few times nothing to bad but enough to make me worry about the passangers giving me dirty looks. The lady behind us had her 19 month old cry the WHOLE TIME!!! I am sure many people thought it was us until we went to get off the plane and during the "Rush to stand up and get no where" they realized it was not us. We landed in Palm Springs and it was 81 degrees!

Our trip was great, Many days at the pool, lot's of family, time with my Niece and brother in-laws and my only sister in law :) Love you!... Some days where consumed with Carter but I had so much help. Nothing is perfect so I am sure I don't have to go into detail about the few meltdowns we encountered.

Jeremy and his Brothers
Notice how he is so Happy...Now look behind my head, he was trying to do " Rabbit Ears "


we had a playground right next to our room.....



Jeremy & Matthew spent one day at the going on a Ariel tram ( I passed this up,heights & me don't get along) They loved it.





Water Fountains at our Resort...............





Family Pool time...Sorry Mr. Carter You where sleeping.....


It was time to go and I was sad to leave...Nothing beats waking up to Sun everyday. You can't be crabby when you look outside and is not gloomy & raining. We had the same " Crazy rush " at the airport when we where leaving and that's when It hit me....We are a family of 5 and I need to adjust and get used to pure chaoticness....I thought it was crazy before...it just got worse and I must smile and endure it.
The plane ride was good..Carter slept and Olivia cried for about 20 mins....When we got home it was so COLD!!! One of our bags was sent to Canada on an Air Canada Flight and delivered the next day to our door. We where all in bed by 8 pm that night and even baby Carter only woke up once........I wish I could say I was happy to be home :)
Thanks Mom & Dad for the thoughtfulness!







2 ...Stalker Comments:

Jenn

I would like to be adopted as one of your children next year before Christmas! Since I am technically too old, just tell K & D that with 3 children you MUST bring a nanny along to help. :) I am glad that you guys had good weather and a great time!

Alliwoo

Isn't sunshine pure bliss! I love living in the sunny state!