Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Broken Hearts

As many of you know that Grandpa went to be with his Lord and Savior 3 days after he celebrated 71 years of marriage to his bride.

It has been hard to comprehend on some level. I can remember feeling his hands, soft and yet strong, the night he died. Kissing him on the cheek one last time. His last words to me personally was that I was a good kid and he loved me.

Tears would come and yet I know in my heart he is at peace. Peace that I want to feel here on earth. He was at peace here and I know he is at peace there.

I could go on and on on what a great man he was. How 5 of his children turned into incredible people. How his wife was his best friend, how he loved each and everyone of his grand kids and great grandchildren.

For me, I never had a grandpa. Mine had both passed away when I was a baby.

I don't know if he knew that every time I called him Grandpa it was an honor in my heart.

That is the only thing I WISH I would have said to him.

0 ...Stalker Comments: